Friday, March 16, 2012

In Honor of Our Animals Who We Love Like Children

  Picture of the baby that was taped to a kennel under the tree.
   Yesterday was summer cut day at the parlor. Looking so sad.
            Nothing warms my heart faster than seeing a happy smile
             hanging out of the car window. Feeling much better.

My post today is in honor of those pet lovers. I was blown away this week with an email I received from who I now consider a YT buddy named Maureen. She is thenannybee11 and her love for vintage and creations are jaw dropping wonderful so please check her out if you haven't yet. It was so flattering to have her ask ME where I got a particular stamp. Anyway, as our emails continued she shared her love for Golden Retrievers and Great Danes with me. Unfortunately she has gone thru some tough times recently in losing three of her babies to illness which is why we haven't seen her lately on the tube. The most recent is Keller who was a Great Dane. I just have to say how much my heart goes out to those who have lost a pet. Although it can't even compare to losing a child or a person whom we love, we love them and they do become part of our lives and family.It is never easy. We lost our Golden about 8 years ago and my wonderful boys pulled their funds together and gave me for Christmas six months later our Beardie boy Floyd. So today I would to like share our pup with you, Floyd, being our current joy. Thanks for checking into my blog.
Iley

1 comment:

  1. Dear, Sweet, Iley....I was moved to tears to see your loving tribute to my Keller. As you know, Keller was deaf. We rescued him when he was 14 mos. old from terrible circumstances and abuse. He was a dear and loyal friend and we miss him terribly. We also miss our Theo and Zeus. Your doggie is just adorable. Thank you so much for giving me something lovely to see today.

    ReplyDelete